Monday, September 14, 2020

Coming Soon!

Autumn Camp Coming Soon!

It's hard for some of us to believe that our next camp is just around the corner! Less than three weeks until we unlock the gates and start letting campers in.

Our Autumn Camp will run from October 15 – November 15.

Gates will open for registration on October 1st, and camp will close on November 30th. 

Are you coming? Do you have any friends who might be interested?

If you are thinking about joining the Fall Camp, here are a few things you can do to prepare:

  • Pray! (It's always a good idea to pray about your stories if you want them to glorify our Lord.)
  • Decide on a story (or several) to work on during camp. (I like to have a main story and then a couple backup ones just in case the first one runs into difficulty.)
  • Figure out when you write best during the day (or night). (Knowing when you write best can help you get more words written during camp.
  • Decide on a reasonable (or crazy) goal. (Personally, I like reasonable goals. If they are too large I tend to just give up because I know I can't reach them. I'd rather need to up my goal to keep me motivated.)
  • If you write best with snacks on hand, collect some for the weeks of camp.
  • Get excited! (One key to getting a good start on camp is to be excited!)
  • Find family members and/or friends who will support you and your story (or stories if you are like me and tend to switch them out).
  • Spread the word about it. (Feel free to share this website on your social media accounts, on your blogs, via email, or in good old fashioned letter form.
  • Pray some more. (We are told to do ALL things for the glory of God. That includes our writing.)

 

If there are ways you are preparing for Camp, let us know! We'd love to hear your ideas.

~Auntie Rebekah

24 comments:

  1. Yayyyyyy! πŸ₯³ SO excited!!!!! 😁😁😁😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! I'm really looking forward to being a part of this again! <3 Sounds like I definitely need to work on getting my next story ready for the drafting stage!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Camp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAYYYYY!!! *jumps up and down* Can't WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I can't wait! I'm so excitedπŸ˜πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAAAAYYYY! *runs around screaming in excitement* ������❤ I CAN'T WAIT TO JOIN! That being said, can I just send you guys an email right now and get registered? ����
    ~Eltae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is actually going to be a form to fill out this time. You can fill that out on Monday. You can find the link to it on the Welcome Center. :D You won't get to get into camp until the 1st, but anyone is welcome to fill out the application form anytime starting on Monday (Sept 28).

      Delete
    2. Oh, ok. Thank you. That's very helpful. :D <3 I'll do it right away on Monday. :D

      Idk what happened with all my emojis. (All those ugly, weird question marks on my first comment.) These comment forms never work for me. :P ;)
      ~Elate

      Delete
    3. The link to the form is on the Welcome Center page, and it will be open starting tomorrow! :D We might do a blog post with it when camp officially opens, too. ;)

      Delete
    4. Thanks!!! I am signed up!!! *star eyes*

      Delete
  8. Signed up!!! Though it took me FOREVER to find the form...πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it was so difficult to find, Tara! Maybe we'll put it somewhere else next time. Or at least in large, bold letters. ;)

      Delete
  9. YAY!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!11 umm where is the form we have to fill out?
    ~Elly Mattson~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On the bottom of the Welcome Center page. *runs off to make it bold*

      Delete
  10. when will we get the link to be able to access the slack "camp"?

    ReplyDelete
  11. will you put the link on the home page?
    ~Keanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you mean the link for Camp (slack), no. It will come via email.

      Delete