Monday, November 9, 2020

Strength and Song

 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song;

Jeremiah 12:2

I've read this verse many, many times, but a few weeks ago I was teaching it to the children in Children's Church and it keeps coming back to me. Let's take a closer look.

Behold

What does Behold mean? It means to sit up and pay attention. There is something we need to know, so listen up.

God is my salvation.

If we have put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ for salvation, then God IS our salvation. He saves us from sin and from the penalty of sin.

I will trust and not be afraid.

Just stop and think of minute of Who we are placing our trust in. God. The Creator of the world. The One who made the mountains, the oceans, the sky, the stars, sun, moon, space. He also created the sparrows, and the tiny insects that help keep our land clean. That's the God we are trusting! We all have fears. Fears of the future. Fears of spiders. Fears of storms. Fears of sickness. Fears of anything and everything. But we don't have to fear! We have the God Who spoke and the world was created. He knows our thoughts, our feelings, and our fears. Let's trust and not be afraid.

For the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength

Wow! We just talked about Who God is, now I want you to realize, if you can, that the LORD is your strength! The One who breathed breath into Adam, the One who created each one of us IS OUR STRENGTH. Remember that the next time you are feeling as though you have no strength to write, to do your school, to get through the day. Let GOD be your strength.

And my song.

I love this part. God isn't just our strength. He isn't just our salvation and Someone we can trust when we are afraid. He is our SONG! God is musical. The Bible says He sings over us. If God is our strength, He is also our song, so let us sing. Let us sing when life is hard. Let us sing when we have no strength. Let us sing because we have been given a song!

So, no matter how much you are struggling with your story, your health, your school work, your job, let us remember that God is our salvation. Let us trust and not be afraid. Let us remember that the LORD JEHOVAH is our strength, and let us sing even when things look dark.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Rebekah ♥️
    I needed this tonight 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I've needed it too. *hugs*

      Delete